Thank you to everyone who applied. We are no longer accepting applications but keep your eyes open for additional open positions in 2021.
We’re hiring! Backpack Interactive is a small but mighty strategy, UX and edTech design studio. We are committed to serving our educational and non-profit partners with products and interactive experiences that support teachers and students. We look to hire the very best design thinkers and problem solvers to join our award-winning team.
You’ll be responsible for creating beautiful, production-ready designs. You’ll work collaboratively with the Backpack and development teams to make sure products and experiences meet their educational goals while pushing design to the forefront.
If you’re an experienced designer who sees the big picture, revels in the small details, and is eager for the opportunity to learn, grow, and contribute to great work in a low-ego, maker-centric environment, then we should talk.
Skills and qualities we look for:
- 2–3 years of professional design experience
- A well-organized and relevant portfolio that demonstrates your creative problem-solving abilities
- An understanding of the end-to-end interactive design process
- Experience using appropriate UX methods and design thinking to inform solutions
- Willingness to jump into a project at any point and support on any and all design needs (i.e. Research, UX, UI, and Production)
- Attention to detail
- Strong typography skills
- Expertise using digital design tools (i.e. Figma, Sketch, and Adobe XD)
- Familiarity with Zeplin and experience with prototyping tools (i.e. Marvel or InVision)
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication and presentation skills
- Confidence in your expertise and perspective, but eager to learn from others
- A passion for working collaboratively
- Big plus: experience designing for kids, education or games
- Bigger plus: classroom experience
- Gigantic plus: any knowledge of programming i.e. HTML, CSS, JS
To apply for this position, please email email@example.com with your cover letter, resume and a link to your online portfolio. Applications without portfolios and cover letters will not be considered. The position is for full-time work.