Backpack Interactive is a small but mighty strategy, UX/UI and edTech design studio. We are committed to serving our educational and non-profit partners with products and interactive experiences that support educators and learners where they are. We look to hire the very best problem solvers we can find to join our award-winning team.
You’ll be responsible for managing 3-5 projects (depending on duration & complexity) across the product/development cycle. You’ll work collaboratively with the Backpack team, developers, and partners to make sure products meet their user experience and educational goals, while also delivering on time and within budget. This role demands thoughtful interactions with teams, a close eye for detail, the optimism to creatively solve problems and the ambition to take projects from start to finish.
If you’re an experienced project manager who sees the big picture, revels in the small details, and is eager for the opportunity to learn, grow, and contribute to great work in a low-ego, maker-centric environment, then we should talk.
Skills and qualities we look for:
- No less than 2-3 years of account, project, or product management experience
- A resume that demonstrates your organizational & creative problem-solving abilities
- A very good sense of how to manage timing of deliverables and project budgets
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage internal and external team dynamics
- Experience using project management process and tools i.e Agile & Asana
- A general understanding of the end-to-end interactive design process
- Willingness to jump into projects as needed (i.e. support with client agendas, )
- Confidence in your expertise and perspective, but eager to learn from others
- A passion for working collaboratively
- Big plus: experience managing projects for kids, education or games
- Biggest plus: classroom experience
To apply for this position, please email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. The position is for full-time work.